The following is a quote from my forums post, “Preparing media23 embedding“.
how are you? The oneye community is growing slowly, but it’s growing and that’s really, really great to see. Thanks everyone, who helped the project and me during the last years 🙂 !
In April I plan to embed the oneye project into my local business project, media23 group. That’s a really difficult job to do and I hope to be a lot more sensitive than the eyeos company when they released eyeos 2.
First of all I should clarify some really, really important points, which we all had learn from the project’s history…
- oneye will be a product of the media23 group, developed by our internal “media23 system” division. Hey, that’s me 😀 …
- Community related work in the forums, via mail, accepting translations, appreciating code commits won’t change at all.
- The license won’t change and everything will stay open source 😉 !
The release plan got mandatory changes:
- oneye 0.9 was planned as totall rewritten product, will be released as “media23 system” instead. But don’t hesitate, cause the first alpha release won’t be out in the next six months.
- The current oneye release will be followed by oneye 0.9.0, planned for mid of April including an updated ACL interface and several fixes in addition to a nearly full rebranding as “oneye”.
That way we don’t even mix both architectures in future discussions, cause media23 system will be something totally independent. Additionally you can be sure to have a still supported oneye product.
Since we moved from the eyeos project to the oneye project, my personal business inquires fell down heavily. To keep up work on improvements and additional features it’s planned to create a donation page, listing specific features and how much money it requires. Donators will be able to enter a purpose of use. This might not happen before may 2012 though.
This is a preparation for the mid of April, but things might still change. You are free to discuss everything just below this post and I’d really like to know, what you think of it. Do you have another idea to help the project?
And now enjoy and have a nice day 😉 !
To comment, visit my forums post, “Preparing media23 embedding“.